Simple Tips to Enjoy Trinidad and Tobago Carnival Like A Pro
Carnival time is upon us, the energy in the twin island republic is at a volcanic heat and rising to that of the sun. We are but one week away from the mayhem of the road all laden of pretty women, and handsome men all adorned in feathers and thensome. But whether you are a first-timer or a veteran here are our personal tips of how you can prepare and enjoy the festivities like a pro.
KNOW that Carnival WILL COST YOU...be prepared to spend money,
- Begin saving one year ahead. Carnival 2018 dates are Feb. 12 - 13(trust us you will thank us later).
- Purchase Airfare early as well. (we usually have group rates for 10 days).
- Become friendly with a workout schedule (costumes are decreasing in size every year), keep fit throughout the year. If you're low on endurance, Dance with Teisha etc. will help you get that heart rate up.
- You MUST participate... Carnival is not a spectator activity. There are many bands for you to jump up with.
- Attend at least a day-fete(party), all-inclusive. This includes admission, food, drinks, live entertainment, and a steady stream of good vibes.
- Attend Panorama
- PLAY MAS(previously covered in #4)
- BE SAFE! Use your BEST judgment. IF A SITUATION DOES NOT FEEL RIGHT, THEN LISTEN. TO YOUR INSTINCTS
We were recently asked, "do I need friends to have a good time at Carnival?"
Honestly, you don't.... BUT, there is a magic that's awesome when you are with your ladies having fun together. If you are going to be travelling solo, and would like to join a group of ladies, contact us we will gladly have you party with us for 2018.
Here's hoping to see many of you one year with us in T&T... And for all who are there now, running around getting costumes, just touching down or recovering from last nights fete, we salute you!!!
Surviving Carnival is another topic.
Our group will be celebrating Carnival 2018 on the following dates Feb. 6 - 15. The package will include air, accommodations, costume, VIP tickets, transportation etc... There's a first come first served waitlist....email us to be on the list firstname.lastname@example.org. 🇹🇹