See Toronto With Kids
You may or may not have been ready for the incredible impact being a parent would have on your social agenda, but what an impact it is.
I've been blessed with a most incredible kid, and he is a great travel companion. I don't have the luxury of travelling as often as I want to, but, we do live in an incredible city, The City of Toronto, and it is full of many exciting activities.
Depending on the season, and age of the child there are many options for both you parent and child to enjoy together. Museums, amusement parks, farms, zoos, parks, themed restaurants, science centers local tours around town, and so forth.
Here are a few great activities we have enjoyed:
- ShopDine Tour what's great about this is you have the option to jump-on and off while touring through the city on great double-decker buses.
- The Power Plant is a contemporary art gallery which happens to be FREE for the year and has many programs and events for adults and kids.
- Niagara Falls ok, so it's not in Toronto, but you cannot live or visit here without going to the falls.
- CN Tower
- Rent a bike and explore the Islands
And there is so much more, so much more in, around, and out of town.
- Take a drive out North
- Ice skate at Nathan Phillips Square
- Reptilia indoor zoo in Vaughan, On
My favourite activity to enjoy with my son is what he calls "random carventures". This is basically us packing a picnic basket, (depending on the time of year), and driving to a place we have never been before. The last time we had a random carventure we made it past Collingwood, On, and it was great!
Kids grow so fast it will be best to enjoy much with then while they are young and open to exploration.