Why Dance Fitness?
Why not dance fitness? Dancing is one of the simplest forms of being physically active and staying fit. And with countless styles and cultural dances, everyone, of all ages, shapes and sizes can enjoy all of the awesome benefita of dancing. Here are some for you:
- Increased aerobic fitness
- Weight management (you know how we gals lament over this)
- Improved muscle tone and strength
- Better coordination, flexibility and agility (you know you like to know you can still do the split and touch your toes without bawling for a Doctor)
- Greater self-confidence and esteem
- Greater social skills
- Improved conditioning for your heart and lungs (now that's a definite 10 right there)
Now I am no professional dancer, but I think I have come up with a few general tips for dancing after giving Zumba and other styles a go:
- Drink water before, during, and after dancing
- Do not push yourself too far too fast, especially if you are a BEGINNER .
- Do warm-up stretches or activities before you begin to cut the rug.
- And I think this goes without saying, like with any new physical activity, DO CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.
When you attend an Island Fitness Retreats retreat you will experience much fun as you give yourself over to the music and just feel your body flow....it will be awesome!!
There are many other tips and great benefits, but whatever your reason, just DO IT, and MOVE!
J & T
Island Fitness Retreats
'More than a retreat it's a culinary experience'