12 Key Spanish Phrases To Help You Speak Spanish
It can be frustrating to be in a non-speaking English destination and you are not able to communicate, even on a most basic level. Here are a few key phrases that will have you "passing" as somewhat of a local and communicating in no time: 🤓
- Hello/Hi = Hola
- Good morning/ afternoon/ evening = Buenos días/ tardes/ noches
- Please/ Thank you = Por favor/ Gracias
- How are you? = ¿Cómo estas?
- What is your name? = ¿Cómo se Ilama?
- My name is = mi nombre es…
- Do you speak English? = ¿Hablas inglés?
- I don’t understand = no entiendo
- Where is the bathroom? = ¿Donde está el baño?
- Goodbye = Adiós
- What time is it = que hora Es?
- How much is this = cuanto cuesta esta?
I hope these help you in your South America exploration, and when in doubt say, "yo no hablan bien espanol" (I don't speak Spanish well)🕶